Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Putting it in perspective

With two weeks to go until my departure, there is plenty happening out "there" to put the struggles in my own little slice of reality into perspective. (The Universe works like that; humility is a good thing.) From recent headlines, alone, we have rapidly escalating conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Lebanon, tsunami and earthquake-related deaths in Indonesia, a terrorist-related train bombing in India during rush hour commute, and Taliban forces reclaiming towns in Afghanistan. It's not a pretty picture, but it does make me think; it also plays right in the questions of meaning, and purpose, and faith that have been weighing on my mind over the past few months.

I plan to keep my eyes/ears open while on the road, but, at this point, I see no reason to change any of my travel plans. In fact, I think the different perspectives I will likely encounter on these (or similar) issues will be valuable, indeed...

No comments: