Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Since when is insect repellent exciting?

Apparently since now... I just got back from buying a few odds n' ends at the store:
  • rain poncho (jungle green, thank you very much)
  • 1oz insect repellent
  • mini carabiners (since you can never have too many)
And I'm quite childishly pleased with these new additions because it means... [drum roll, please] ...that I'm hitting the road again in a couple days. Even though it's just a short trip, I'm in dire need of a change of scenery and perspective shift - and, thus, insect repellent apparently excites me as a symbol of the travel yet to come. :)

I also finally got off my lazy behind today and decided to just bite the bullet and book the flight from Guatemala City to Flores so I don't have to deal with overnight chicken buses to get up to El Peten on such a short trip. Assuming my arrival in GUA isn't delayed overmuch, I should be able to make it through customs and go straight to the boarding area for my domestic flight - with time to spare. I'm still working out lodging, but there's always a bed somewhere so I'm sure it'll be fine...

No comments: