Friday, November 21, 2008

"Wheels up!" in the a.m...

I leave for Morocco tomorrow morning and I'm, frankly, too exhausted to be excited. Hopefully that'll change somewhere over the Midwest...

I've worked 28hrs in the last two days, alone, and had to squeeze in an emergency trip to the dentist to deal with a toothache on a tooth that had a root canal back in 2002. (Somehow, an unseen root is apparently tangled in my sinuses - which have been finicky lately due to weather - and sinus congestion is triggering a major toothache.) At any rate, I've now got two 'scripts and a super-decongestant to take with me...and one of the 'scripts made me puke last night. Should be an "interesting" trip...

I'm really glad I decided on a longer-than-initially-intended stay in Marrakech. I think I'm going to need some time to just relax before moving about the country - even if it means I won't see as much of the country.

Depart: Nov 22nd (for Marrakech)
Return: Dec 7th

UPDATE (10:30PM): "Dude, I'm going to Spain - like outside of the airport!" This little gem popped out of my mouth earlier this evening as I looked at my flight itinerary. I've been so busy with work that I overlooked the fact that I have a 19hr layover in Madrid on my way home from Morocco. Who knew? ;-)

No comments: