Sunday, January 18, 2009

Twists and turns

Life is full of twists and turns. I got back from my trip to Morocco late on Dec 7th and, despite being ridiculously jetlagged, went to work on time the next morning...only to discover that I no longer had a job. (~20% of my company was laid off while I was gone. Beautiful.) It's been difficult trying to digest this news because I genuinely liked the company I worked for; in fact, I'd actually talked about them with pride while I was gone. Go figure.

That said, being around comparative poverty in rural Morocco so recently definitely helped me to intellectually avoid the "woe-is-me" dynamic - because, let's get serious, I don't have it so bad. However, at this point, I have no idea what the future holds. I'm just trying to have faith that all will turn out well in the end...

I'm interviewing with a couple local companies and I've enrolled in a C++ refresher course to try to be productive during my unemployment. We shall see...

No comments: