Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cappadocia is Calling

I'll write about my time in Istanbul later, but for now I'll just say that I adore Cappadocia. What was intended to be a 2nt stay has turned into 5nts - w/MUCH solo hiking through beautiful terrain using back country trails and, of course, visiting cave churches with old frescos. It's a really special place, here - and I can rather understand why the early Christians chose to make their cities and churches throughout the area.

At the moment it's peaceful, the weather is great (including some periodic electrical storms) and the people are friendly. After the barrage of people in Istanbul, it's a welcome respite - and a nice way to wrap up my holiday.

That said, I took one day tour yesterday...and reminded myself that I'm not a tour person AT ALL. ;)

DSC05108

No comments: