Friday, August 18, 2006

Black Church, Bach, and Goodbyes...

Last night, I went to an organ concert in the Black Church (which has a 4000-pipe organ). It only cost 4RON - less than $1.50 USD - for a 1hr concert. The acoustics were fantastic, and I thought a lot about how my father would probably love to be with me as I sat there listening to Bach's Fugue in C Major, amongst other things. For me, that was the highlight of my time in Romania. Simple, but meaningful.

Today, however, is my last day in Romania...and, though, I've enjoyed my time, I'm ready to go. I leave on the night train back to Budapest and then have to decide whether I'm spending a few hours in Budapest before heading down to Sarajevo on another night train, or whether I'm going to make a little day trip to Pecs and then take the night train from there. I think it'll just depend on how tired I am when I get into Budapest in the morning...

I've met several people in the last 2 days, though, who've recently been to Sarajevo and loved it; that's encouraging. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: