Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Vienna wrap-up

I never really found that part of Vienna that I loved - though I really liked the subway. : ) I made a fairly decent attempt at seeing the sights, though, for being sick. (Somewhere between the cold nights in Cesky Krumlov & the warm weather in Vienna, I got quite a cold - which has continued through for a while.)

I felt fairly proud as a psychologist that I made the effort to visit the Sigmund Freud museum. It was his Vienna house and office (not terribly exciting, but still obligatory for me) and then saw a very interesting exhibition upstairs that had all kinds of different couches, some scary looking paraphernalia from old sanitariums and even a video clip from Star Trek TNG (where Data is psychoanalyzed by Freud on the holodeck). Very surreal to be watching Star Trek (in English) in Freud's house in Vienna... Of course, you'll get no complaints out of me...

I also saw the Schonbrunn gardens (and the exterior of the palace), Karlskirche (and a very cool bear buddy exhibit), assorted street fairs, etc.

No comments: